PAGE UPDATED JAN 2018:
With the introduction of new encryption, the French channels are no longer FTA, so the following are the 2 options currently possible:
- Using a French TNT box
- Using a Receiver with Fransat Cam
The first option is ok, if you are after just a few of the German channels, but retuning and sorting is quite difficult on most TNT french boxes. Plus with every update, it is possible that your ‘extra’ channels ( ie the German ones ) will be wiped out. There is no way to ‘Save’ and restore the channel list.
The BEST option is the Receiver + Fransat cam
- The tuning and sorting is much easier, you can choose your own favourites to be at the top of the list
- I use custom software to make the job simple with each country’s most popular at the top of the lists
- The favourite lists and tuning can be ‘saved’ and restored in seconds should anything happen
- The system is expandable, any of the following or combination of the following channels can be achieved, with different dishes
- Spanish ( free and paid )
- Polish ( both free and paid )
- Hungarian ( free )
- Thai/ Korean / Chinese / Japanese
I’ve frequently been asked if its possible to have both French and German free channels.
The Answer is yes!
With a suitable location, I can install a dish with multiple LNBs to receive all the satellites having French and German channels
- Eutelsat 5w ( French channels France2, 3,5 )
- Eutelsat 9a ( Main French channels TF1 M6
- Hotbird ( Arte, ( also Italian ) )
- Astra1 ( German and regional French )
For those wanting the UK channels as well, I do the special wide angle dishes
This incredible toroidal double reflector dish will do English , French, German, Italian and Spanish…… all in one dish !
These dishes are not usually available in the UK and over several years I’ve found the perfect equipment to work with it, the lnbs and the 5 way switches, to route the signals to the receiver are all specially purchased.